The Cumberland County Playhouse (CCP) is a professional non – Equity regional theatre producing high quality theater in the heart of the Cumberland Mountains, Crossville, TN for the past half century.
With a $2.5 million annual budget, CCP produces 14 productions and 11 concerts every season in addition to numerous educational and special events. CCP strives for an inclusive and family friendly work environment and actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY PLAYHOUSE does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or programs. For more information about CCP please visit our website at www.ccplayhouse.com.
A key position of the Cumberland County Playhouse, the Technical Director (TD) manages the Scenic and Props Departments. The TD coordinates all scenic aspects for the theatre. The TD requests bids and purchases materials in consultation with the Technical Producer, creates construction drawings in consultation with the Scenic Designer, and supervises carpentry staff to execute all scenic elements. The TD optimizes scenic department workflow, ensures facilities and equipment are in excellent operating order, and guarantees that material resources are available on a timely basis. The Technical Director works closely with the Scenic Designer and other creative personnel to make certain that designs are realized in a timely, safe, and cost-effective basis.
A competitive salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, between the ranges of $500.00 - $650 per week. Travel and small housing allowance for moving expenses maybe negotiated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- ·In collaboration with the Technical Producer, the TD estimates, budgets, and tracks all expenditures of the scene shops and stage operations.
- ·Process all necessary human resources and accounting paperwork in a timely manner
- ·Reports weekly all expenditures to the Technical Producer, In a manor so as to stay with in the budget parameters.
- ·Collaborates with staff to fulfill all institutional goals
- ·Participates in future planning
- ·Communicates scenic needs and concerns with Producing Director, Technical Producer and Production Stage Manager.
- Attends weekly Production Meetings
- MANAGEMENT AND SCHEDULING:
- ·Coordinates with Production Stage Manager to assure that each production is installed on time.
- ·Collaborates closely with Master Carpenter and Scenic Charge for safe, cost-efficient and timely construction, load-in, and strike of each production.
- ·Monitors other department heads to ensure scheduling of stage time, needs concerning construction, and modifications needed to help any other department.
- ·Works with department heads to ensure a timely load-in of each production.
- TD will participate in all scenic repertory changeovers in a leadership role.
- ·Ensures that all shop personnel in the proper use and maintenance of all power tools and mechanics necessary for daily use in the shop.
- ·Oversees the Inventory and maintenance of all stock scenery, soft goods, and saved scenic units.
- ·Ensures inventory of construction materials, hardware, and expendables needed for each production as well as yearly upkeep for the scene shop.
- ·Ensures with collaboration of the Technical Producer that all set rentals go out looking in the best or our ability and check that they are returned in the same manner.
- Maintain all set rental scenery
- Maintain both scene shop and warehouse properties
- At the discretion of Technical Producer and Producing Director you may be asked to do a Scenic Design or Lighting Design for one of our productions at no additional compensation.
- All other duties as assigned by Producing Director or Technical Producer
SAFETY AND CLEANLENESS:
- ·Oversees rigging necessary for each space/event to make certain the safe installation of all overhead mechanics and flown scenery.
- ·Oversees routine inspection and maintenance of all rigging equipment.
- ·Maintains a clean and safe workspace for all personnel.
- ·Must be able to lift 50+ pounds unaided and in repetition.
- ·Must maintain a safe, calm and orderly working environment.
- ·Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- ·Ability to collaborate with designers and director, lead professional crews, communicate expectations and progress promptly and accurately.
- ·Minimum 5 years of experience as a scenic shop foreman, Assistant Technical Director and/or Technical Director
- ·Proficiency in Vectorworks, AutoCAD, or other CAD software.
- ·Must be able to multi-task multiple projects, maintain organization, and be detail oriented.
- ·Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Submit your resume, cover letter and refrences to Technical Producer, Sandra "Sam" Hahn firstname.lastname@example.org